In today’s Listener Comment Line, Mark Reddig spoke about his four part series on the fatigued driving evaluation checklist occurring in Minnesota or Indiana.
- Checklist Fatigue – A Land Line Now Special Series—Land Line Now presents a print version of our four-part series about the Fatigued Driving Evaluation Checklist, which is being used in Minnesota and Indiana as part of a process that frequently leads to truckers being put out of service. To read the stories in the series, click on the links below:
- Part I: A so-called ‘survey’ puts a 30-year safe driver out of service
- Part II: Critics say checklist subjective, unscientific; officers stand by process
- Part III: A conversation with the man who created the list, Capt. Ken Urquhart
- Part IV: OOIDA officials say Minnesota’s method creates more problems than it solves
- If you’ve been put out of service in either Minnesota or Indiana as a result of the checklist, you’re encouraged to contact OOIDA’s compliance department at 1-800-444-5791.
- You can read a blog by Land Line Magazine’s managing editor, Sandi Soendkerhere.
- You can read a Special Series: Into the matrix (which covers a related topic) byLand Line Magazine staff writer Charlie Morasch here.
Air date: April 27, 2009.