This has been a heavy week for trucking news, from the state of the Union to some Hours of Service Exemptions and more. Mark Reddig finds out what is all means from Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- For more on the State of the Union, click here: State of the Union:Infrastructure and NAFTA on Trump's agenda;
- Read about the Hours of Service exemption request and the granted exemption: FMCSA grants more HOS exemptions, considers another for animal haulers;
- You can view the docket or make comments on the Hours of Service exemption request by the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, Livestock Marketing Association, American Farm Bureau Federation, American Beekeeping Federation, American Honey Producers Association and the National Aquaculture Association.
- Jay mentioned a request by FMCSA for more small carriers to get involved in its Crash Preventability Program, which allows certain types of crashes that are not the trucker’s faul to be removed via a DataQ challenge.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues;
- If you have questions you would like answered you can call our Listener Comment Line at 1-800-324-6856.
Air date: Feb. 7, 2019.