The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration held a listening session to hear from the public about automated commercial vehicles. Mark Reddig will discuss some highlights with Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office, who was there.
The FMCSA is taking comments about the design, development, testing and deployment of highly automated commercial vehicles. Those comments are due July 17. You can also submit comments using Docket Number FMCSA-2017-01 14 using any of the following methods:
- Through the Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments.
- Through the U.S. Mail to Docket Management Facility, U.S. Department of Transportation, Room W12-140, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590-0001;
- By hand delivery or courier between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays to the West Building, Ground Floor, Room W12-140, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, D.C.;
- Or by Fax at (202) 493-2251;
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial (202) 224-3121;
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
Air date: April 24, 2017.