Special Links & Updates
OOIDA on the Road
Where you can find us
Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, The Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Commerce City, CO. That’s located at Exit 278 off Interstates 70 and 270. Stop in, say hi to Jon, and join OOIDA for a $20 discount. To see Jon’s full schedule, click here.
Also, OOIDA Life Member Ron Mermis and his NASCAR simulator are at the TA in Tampa, FL. That’s located at Exit 10 off Interstate 4. You can join at a discount with Ron as well. For more information about the simulator, click here.
Air date: May 23, 2013.
This week's poll:
Listen Online: Podcast Episodes
- DC Report: U.S. DOT seeks input for study of longer, heavier trucks
- Market Update, May 22, 2013
- Congressman: Taxes, environmental regs a problem for truckers, others
- “On the Road with Jon” – Tracking the Spirit of the American Trucker, May 17, 2013
- New health ambassadors program ready to get ‘Rolling Strong’
Mark Reddig and Ryan Bowley of OOIDA’s Washington, DC, office discuss what the U.S. DOT is specifically looking for, and how it will affect policy and the industry going forward during a listening session being held next week. The DOT wants public input on the issue of larger, heavier trucks. If you would like to participate in the listening session, click here to register. Air date: May 23, 2013.
Other Items Heard on the Air:
- Oklahoma tornado relief
- What to expect during this year’s Road Check
- New Jersey cracks down on cargo theft
- TRACER alert on stolen truck
- Texas trucker receives OOIDA Safe Driving Award
- Diesel is on the rise nationwide
- TRACER alert on two stolen trucks
- Public listening session on truck size and weight is set for May 29
- OOIDA Foundation wants your opinion: Is the economy really coming back?
- Heart of America Trucking Show
- ‘Fair’ is an underrated word …
- Those topics you eventually get around to …
- Everybody’s talkin’
- Getting clearer on bigger and heavier
- Short-timer’s syndrome
- No shortage of talk …
- A sign of the times …
- Big ol’ pile of success …
- More, more, more …
- Billboard in British Columbia smears truckers
- A quick note of thanks
- Thanks from a Dad
- lsquo;Astounded at the generosity’
- ‘Very generous care packages’
- ‘I really appreciate you all doing it for them’
SPECIAL FEATURE: A solution from a distant shore
Truckers start turning to shorepower technology
to weather the hot and cold they face at the end of the day
Mark Reddig reports on the growing trend toward electrical connections at truck stops, and what it’s already doing for truckers who use it. To read the complete feature, click here.