Special Links & Updates
OOIDA on the Road
Where you can find us
Starting Thursday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s Tour Truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Expedite Expo. That will take place at the Roberts Convention Centre in Wilmington, Ohio. Stop in, say hi to Jon and join OOIDA for a $10 discount. To see Jon’s full schedule, click here. Air date: July 22, 2014.
This week's poll:
Listen Online: Podcast Episodes
- An exciting show truck season unfolds
- TA Petro wants to honor the best of the best
- Do you really want to pay that ticket?
- On the Road with the Spirit of the American Trucker, July 18
- Say ‘thank you’ when Congress does it right
- Freight and rates in a lull – the Market Update
- Retread your wide-based tires? No problem
- Shell: New oil in your truck’s future
- Truckers Helper: employee vs. contractor
- Phoenix takes aim at wrong way drivers
- The highway bill – it’s more than just money
- Top 5 current issues in trucking – Part 1
- Top 5 current issues in trucking – Part 2
- Top 5 current issues in trucking – Part 3
- A little trip through trucking history
- Missing coolant? Call Professor Paul
- An update on the new health care law
“Land Line Now” podcasts brought to you by Allen Lund Co.
Reed Black reports that six OOIDA members are suing the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration in federal court over its pre-employment screening program – or PSP. The lawsuit says FMCSA is only legally allowed to report “serious driver related violations” to prospective employers. Instead, the group says the agency releases reports that go far beyond its legal authority. Drivers who believe they’ve been harmed by their PSP reports are invited to contact OOIDA here with details of their experience. Air date: July 22, 2014.
Other Items Heard on the Air:
- TRACER alert on stolen truck
- Vermont passes biggest transportation bill in state history
- 2290 time
- Nominate a ‘Citizen Driver’ today
- Who is responsible for insurance when you rent out your trailer?
- Michigan trucker receives OOIDA Safe Driving Award
- Where’s the Spirit?
- Roses and Razzberries
- Reward increased in death of trucker
- A nice way to thank your lawmaker
- Answering some questions about CARB
- Land Line Now changes channels
- Who stands where?
- Is there a fix for the Highway Trust Fund?
- Truckers urged to comment on FMCSA coercion proposal
- Well for Life
- OOIDA National Call to Action: Hours-of-Service
- Truckers for Troops
- Land Line Now RSS Feed – Subscribe to our podcasts
- Driver distractions? Some come built into the truck
- A peek into one possible future, courtesy of Pennsylvania
- The ups and downs of reporting on fuel
- Tech perfection and the robot takeover of trucking are a long way off
- Technology is simply not the answer
BONUS PODCAST FEATURES
- Advice From Road Law
- Mafia Secrets: Bryan Martin offers some tips
- A few words of advice from Professor Paul
- Advice from the Answer Man at Shell Rotella
- DC Reports – the latest from OOIDA Washington, DC, staff on Congress
- Oil Education with Jerry Sims
- Keeping Fit – Expert Health Advice from Bob Perry
- Tax Advice from Shasta May of MBA Tax and Bookkeeping
PHOTOS OF OUR LISTENERS
- Some Spirit at Shoemaker’s
- Young man, old truck
- A few random photos from the American Truck Historical Society’s National Convention
- The last Marmon
- INSIDE THE CHROME SHOP
- ’We appreciate what you guys did for us’
- ’The best care packs’
- ’We all appreciate the support’
- ‘It was a huge morale boost’
- ’Received with smiles and open arms’
- ’Thank you to everyone that supports us’
- ’Thank you very much for the care package’
- A care package worthy of a flag ...
- A package ’filled with anything and everything I could have imagined’
- ‘I sincerely thank you all for your efforts’
TRUCKERS FOR TROOPS PHOTOS
- Hail, Hail, the gang’s all here …
- Your cast of characters ...
- Face look familiar?
- Is this the party to whom I’m speaking?
- Looking over the talleys …
- Thanks to the folks it’s all about
- Who’s ahead? Find out tonight
- Sneaky ...
- Is the Army still rolling along?
- Tallying up ...
- Tally Board – all shook up …
- Big Jim back in the day
SPECIAL FEATURE: A solution from a distant shore
Truckers start turning to shorepower technology to weather the hot and cold they face at the end of the day
Mark Reddig reports on the growing trend toward electrical connections at truck stops, and what it’s already doing for truckers who use it. To read the complete feature, click here.