Special Links & Updates
OOIDA on the Road
Where you can find us
Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are headed to the Mid America Trucking Show. They’ll be behind the stage at the satellite parking lot at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. And OOIDA will have three booths inside MATS as well.
OOIDA will be in the West Wing, near the center entrance to Freedom Hall, in the North Wing, in the center of the back row, and in the group of small booths in front of the registration desk in the North Wing Lobby.
The big show starts Thursday, March 27th.
To see Jon’s full schedule, click here.
Air date: March 10, 2014.
This week's poll:
Listen Online: Podcast Episodes
- DC Report - The budget, truck regulation and a dose of CSA – a busy week ahead in Congress
- Extended Segment - Do-it-yourself vs. expert advice
- On the Road with Jon – Tracking the Spirit of the American Trucker, March 7, 2014
- Market Update - March 5, 2014
- Senator: Highway bill will have to fix a ’dire situation’
- Extended Segment: Tax Day is just around the corner, so it’s time to get ready
- Extended Segment – Maintenance Q&A
- Extended Segment - What you need to know about health care exchanges
Mark Reddig talked with Jerry Sims of Gulf Coast Filters about when you should look at your own oil analysis report, and when it’s important to consult an expert.
- To visit the Gulf Coast Filters website, click here;
- You can also contact them at 1-800-398-8114.
Air date- March 10, 2014.
Other Items Heard on the Air-
- Land Line Now RSS Feed – Subscribe to our podcasts
- Roses and Razzberries
- Oregon trucker receives OOIDA Safe Driving Award
- Where’s the Spirit?
- Putting the ‘international’ in Trucker Buddy International
- FRIDAY RANT- Want to ensure real justice? We have a case for you, Ms. Kennedy
- An update on the FMCSA’s Medical Certification Registry
- Questions about CARB
- Truckers for Troops wants letter for care packages
- Send us addresses of your friends and family serving in combat zones
- Technology is simply not the answer
- Darned if you do…
- Pay at the pump or pay out the nose – your choice
- All about Anne …
- Small business trucking’s top safety resolution for 2014 – action on driver training
BONUS PODCAST FEATURES
- A few words of advice from Professor Paul
- Advice from the Answer Man at Shell Rotella
- DC Reports – the latest from OOIDA Washington, DC, staff on Congress
- Oil Education with Jerry Sims
- Keeping Fit – Expert Health Advice from Bob Perry
- Tax Advice from Shasta May of MBA Tax and Bookkeeping
TRUCKERS FOR TROOPS LETTERS
- ’We appreciate what you guys did for us’
- ’The best care packs’
- ’We all appreciate the support’
- ‘It was a huge morale boost’
- ’Received with smiles and open arms’
- ’Thank you to everyone that supports us’
- ’Thank you very much for the care package’
- A care package worthy of a flag ...
- A package ’filled with anything and everything I could have imagined’
- ‘I sincerely thank you all for your efforts’
TRUCKERS FOR TROOPS PHOTOS
- Hail, Hail, the gang’s all here …
- Your cast of characters ...
- Face look familiar?
- Is this the party to whom I’m speaking?
- Looking over the talleys …
- Thanks to the folks it’s all about
- Who’s ahead? Find out tonight
- Sneaky ...
- Is the Army still rolling along?
- Tallying up ...
- Tally Board – all shook up …
- Big Jim back in the day
SPECIAL FEATURE: A solution from a distant shore
Truckers start turning to shorepower technology to weather the hot and cold they face at the end of the day
Mark Reddig reports on the growing trend toward electrical connections at truck stops, and what itâ€™s already doing for truckers who use it. To read the complete feature, click here.