Special Links & Updates
OOIDA on the Road
Where you can find us
Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, The Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Beto Junction, KS. That’s located at Exit 155 off Interstate 35. Stop in, say hi to Jon, and join OOIDA for a $20 discount. To see Jon’s full schedule, click here.
Meanwhile, OOIDA Life Member Ron Mermis and his NASCAR simulator are at the TA in Wildwood, FL. That’s located at Exit 329 off Interstate 75. You can join at a discount with Ron as well. For more information about the simulator, click here.
Air date: May 17, 2013.
This week's poll:
Listen Online: Podcast Episodes
- “On the Road with Jon” – Tracking the Spirit of the American Trucker, May 17, 2013
- Market Update, May 15, 2013
- New health ambassadors program ready to get ‘Rolling Strong’
- Buildout makes shore power available to more truckers nationwide
- DC Report: Options to pay for highways in the future includes your wallet
FRIDAY RANT: Fair is an underrated word
Truckers have plenty to complain about when it comes to California’s environmental regulations. But in at least one case, they can at least say the rules are fair. Mark Reddig offers a few thoughts.
Air date: May 17, 2013.
Other Items Heard on the Air:
- Aussies use ‘water curtains’ to stop trucks
- Where’s the Spirit?
- South Dakota trucker receives OOIDA Safe Driving Award
- TRACER alert on stolen truck
- Getting ready for CVSA’s Roadcheck
- Pennsylvania plans to raise $2.5 billion for transportation funds
- North Carolina holds public meetings on I-95
- OOIDA Foundation wants your opinion: Is the economy really coming back?
- Road Dog moves to channel 128
- Heart of America Trucking Show
- ‘Fair’ is an underrated word …
- Those topics you eventually get around to …
- Everybody’s talkin’
- Getting clearer on bigger and heavier
- Short-timer’s syndrome
- No shortage of talk …
- A sign of the times …
- Big ol’ pile of success …
- More, more, more …
- Billboard in British Columbia smears truckers
- A quick note of thanks
- Thanks from a Dad
- lsquo;Astounded at the generosity’
- ‘Very generous care packages’
- ‘I really appreciate you all doing it for them’
SPECIAL FEATURE: A solution from a distant shore
Truckers start turning to shorepower technology
to weather the hot and cold they face at the end of the day
Mark Reddig reports on the growing trend toward electrical connections at truck stops, and what it’s already doing for truckers who use it. To read the complete feature, click here.