Special Links & Updates
OOIDA on the Road
Where you can find us
Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s Tour Truck, The Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in North Las Vegas, Nev. That’s located at Exit 54 off Interstate 15. Stop in, say hi to Jon and join OOIDA for a $20 discount. To see Jon’s full schedule, click here.
Meanwhile, OOIDA Life Member Ron Mermis and his NASCAR simulator are at the TA in Wildwood, Fla. That’s located at Exit 368 off Interstate 75. For more information about the simulator, click here.
Air date: Dec. 12, 2013.
This week's poll:
Listen Online: Podcast Episodes
- Truckers for Troops Telethon - Wednesday, Part 1
- Truckers for Troops Telethon - Wednesday, Part 2
- Truckers for Troops Telethon - Wednesday, Part 3
- Truckers for Troops Telethon - Tuesday, Part 1
- Truckers for Troops Telethon - Tuesday, Part 2
- Truckers for Troops Telethon - Tuesday, Part 3
- On the Road with Jon – Tracking the Spirit of the American Trucker, Dec. 6, 2013
- Extended Segment: Fuel gelling? Here’s why it happens, and how to fix it
Truckers for Troops Telethon under way
The 7th Annual OOIDA Truckers for Troops benefit starts today on Land Line Now. All week, you can join OOIDA or renew your membership for $25 a year, a $20 discount from the normal price. You can join or renew for as many years as you like at that price. Ten percent of that money will go to pay for care packages that will be sent to U.S. troops in combat zones overseas, and OOIDA will match those donations. To take part:
- During business hours or during our early broadcast, call 1-800-444-5791, and ask for membership;
- After 7:30 p.m. central time, call that same number, 1-800-444-5791. If you get our automated system, press 1; leave your name and phone number, and we’ll call you back;
- Take part by sending your dues and donation to OOIDA Truckers for Troops, PO Box 1000, Grain Valley, MO, 64029; be sure to mark your check “Troops, dues and donation,” or “Troops, donation only”;
- Or join online here – just put the word “troops” in the space for promo code.
Air date: Dec. 12, 2013.
Other Items Heard on the Air:
- Wreaths Across America still needs trucks
- Send us addresses of your friends and family serving in combat zones
- Send thank-you letters to our troops through Truckers for Troops
- Sending a check, or making a straight donation? Make sure you do these:
- Learn more about Truckers for Troops
- Get a guitar and help a good cause
- Truckers for Troops T-shirts now available
- St. Christopher Fund stepping in to help veterans
- Sales of Leland Martin CD also help Truckers for Troops effort
- Seeking your ideas for the National Freight Advisory Council
TRUCKERS FOR TROOPS LETTERS
- 'Received with smiles and open arms'
- 'Thank you to everyone that supports us'
- 'Thank you very much for the care package'
- A care package worthy of a flag ...
- A package 'filled with anything and everything I could have imagined'
- ‘I sincerely thank you all for your efforts’
TRUCKERS FOR TROOPS PHOTOS
- It is important to make those calls – here’s why
- It’s nothing personal
- Debunking IBTTA’s “Toll Every Interstate Campaign”
- The latest chapter in fighting for truckers’ rights
- The good, the bad and the really, really ugly
- Same song, second verse …
SPECIAL FEATURE: A solution from a distant shore
Truckers start turning to shorepower technology to weather the hot and cold they face at the end of the day
Mark Reddig reports on the growing trend toward electrical connections at truck stops, and what it’s already doing for truckers who use it. To read the complete feature, click here.