Special Links & Updates
OOIDA on the Road
Where you can find us
Starting Monday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Vero Beach, Fla. That’s located at Exit 147 off Interstates 95. Stop in, say hi to Jon, and join OOIDA for a $10 discount. To see Jon’s full schedule, click here. Air date: April 16, 2014.
This week's poll:
Listen Online: Podcast Episodes
- Market Update, April 16, 2014
- Trucker’s life-saving efforts garner top honor for OOIDA member
- On the Road with Jon – Tracking the Spirit of the American Trucker, April 11, 2014
- Swimming upstream a walk in the park as salmon catch a ride by truck
- DC Report - Truckers speaking out on driver training; what’s next
- A small matter that can make some big trouble
- Extended Segment: Fuel gelling? Here’s why it happens, and how to fix it
- Extended Segment: Taking Control of Your Personal Health
- Extended Segment: The Basics of Bookkeeping
Mark Reddig reports that the OOIDA Foundation is offering a three-part, online class titled “Getting Ready to Lease on as an Owner-Operator”. The first two parts – which are available now – cover the basics a company driver needs to know to make the leap into leasing on as an owner-operator; and some of the business decisions you’ll have to make when you own your own truck. Coming soon is the third part, which covers the cost of operations.
- Click here for more information or to enroll;
- Webinars are now available through mobile apps. Visit here for more information on the Android app, or here for your Apple devices (iPhone, iPad etc.);
- Or you can call (816) 229-5791, and ask for Sylvia.
Air date: April 16, 2014.
Other Items Heard on the Air:
- Diesel falls ever so slightly
- Rates continue to readjust downward after winter weather spike
- TRACER alert on stolen tractor-trailer
- When is a moving violation not a moving violation?
- Parking survey deadline nears
- What is the Unified Registration System?
- Certified medical examiners list is growing
- FRIDAY RANT: How to fix the FMCSA
- Tell the FMCSA what you think
- Land Line Now RSS Feed – Subscribe to our podcasts
- Technology is simply not the answer
- Darned if you do…
- Pay at the pump or pay out the nose – your choice
- All about Anne …
- Small business trucking’s top safety resolution for 2014 – action on driver training
BONUS PODCAST FEATURES
- A few words of advice from Professor Paul
- Advice from the Answer Man at Shell Rotella
- DC Reports – the latest from OOIDA Washington, DC, staff on Congress
- Oil Education with Jerry Sims
- Keeping Fit – Expert Health Advice from Bob Perry
- Tax Advice from Shasta May of MBA Tax and Bookkeeping
TRUCKERS FOR TROOPS LETTERS
- ’We appreciate what you guys did for us’
- ’The best care packs’
- ’We all appreciate the support’
- ‘It was a huge morale boost’
- ’Received with smiles and open arms’
- ’Thank you to everyone that supports us’
- ’Thank you very much for the care package’
- A care package worthy of a flag ...
- A package ’filled with anything and everything I could have imagined’
- ‘I sincerely thank you all for your efforts’
TRUCKERS FOR TROOPS PHOTOS
- Hail, Hail, the gang’s all here …
- Your cast of characters ...
- Face look familiar?
- Is this the party to whom I’m speaking?
- Looking over the talleys …
- Thanks to the folks it’s all about
- Who’s ahead? Find out tonight
- Sneaky ...
- Is the Army still rolling along?
- Tallying up ...
- Tally Board – all shook up …
- Big Jim back in the day
SPECIAL FEATURE: A solution from a distant shore
Truckers start turning to shorepower technology to weather the hot and cold they face at the end of the day
Mark Reddig reports on the growing trend toward electrical connections at truck stops, and what itâ€™s already doing for truckers who use it. To read the complete feature, click here.